ANNUAL MEETING – ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
American Society of Andrology
April 25-28, 2020
Submission Deadline was Friday, November 15, 2019, at 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time (10:00 PM GMT)
- ASA only accepts electronic abstract submissions via the official abstract submission website.
- Content should not be presented at another national meeting prior to the ASA Meeting nor be published prior to the abstract submission deadline.
- A person cannot be the presenting author on more than two abstracts but can be co-author on any number of abstracts.
- ASA membership is not required for abstract submission.
Abstracts for awards should contain detailed information that allows reviewers to evaluate the merit of the work (values, statistics, etc..)
Onsite Poster Trainee Merit Awards
- Anna Steinberger Merit Award (Only Female Trainees)
- Thomas S.K. Chang Merit Award
- Lonnie D. Russell Merit Award
International Travel Awards
- The Lalor Foundation Awards
- The International Society of Andrology Awards (ISA)
The International Liaison Committee (ILC) has established the International Travel Awards in order to assist trainees and young investigators from countries outside US/Canada to present their work at the ASA Annual Meeting.
The requirements for the International Awards are as follows:
- Applicants must be from countries outside US and Canada
- Applicants must have their abstract accepted for presentation at the ASA Annual Meeting.
- Applicants must be the first (presenting) author on the abstract.
Trainee Travel Awards
- NIH TraineeTravel Award
To be eligible for a National Institutes of Health (NIH) Travel Award, trainees must be the (first) presenting author on the abstract. Award candidates must plan on attending regardless of the outcome of the Travel Award application process. To be considered for these awards, you may only submit one abstract for award consideration. Submitting more than one abstract will disqualify you.
For the NIH TraineeTravel Award a letter from a research mentor or supervisor must be submitted on your behalf confirming that you are the first and presenting author by November 25, 2019. Please instruct your mentor to complete this form online: https://forms.gle/Jw16X79nw5ZTkcMM6. They will need your submission reference number. Please note you will not be considered for the NIH Travel Award unless your mentor’s letter of support is received by 5:00 PM EST (10:00 PM GMT) on December 1, 2019.
Awards are considered reimbursement, therefore, trainees must attend the meeting and present their paper before the travel award is presented. Trainees will be notified of the award at least two months prior to the Annual Meeting.
If you have been awarded an International Travel Award or an NIH Trainee Travel Award but are unable to attend the meeting, please inform the ASA by April 15 so that we may present the travel award to another attendee. Send notification to the ASA at firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to do so will jeopardize your ability to receive future travel awards.