TRAVEL AWARD APPLICATIONS
TRAINEE TRAVEL AWARDS
FOR ALL ABOVE LISTED AWARDS, THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA APPLIES:
- Trainee must have his/her abstract accepted for presentation at the ASA annual meeting.
- Trainee must be the first and presenting author on the abstract.
- The mentor must also submit an email letter of support, confirming that the trainee is in need of financial assistance to attend the Annual Meeting of the American Society of Andrology and is presenting an abstract as first author.
- Award candidates must plan on attending regardless of the outcome of the Travel Award application process.
THE NIH TRAVEL AWARD
All Trainees who have abstracts accepted, are first and presenting author on the abstract, and need travel assistance to present their work are eligible for the NIH Trainee Travel Award, regardless of their membership in ASA. Underrepresented and minority trainees are given special attention for consideration under the NIH Awards. These awards are based on need and merit, with the emphasis on need.
If you indicated that you would like to be considered for the NIH travel award during your submission, then you must submit a letter from your mentor attesting to need and confirming that you are the first and presenting author by the abstract submission deadline. The subject line of this email should contain the abstract number and the first author’s surname.
THE LALOR FOUNDATION INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL AWARD
Established by the Lalor Foundation, an organization that promotes basic research in the area of mammalian reproductive biology. All International Trainees (outside the US) who have abstracts accepted, are first and presenting author on the abstract, and need travel assistance to present their work are eligible for the Lalor Foundation International Travel Awards. Please submit abstracts by the abstract submission deadline
Awards are considered reimbursement; therefore, trainees must attend the meeting and present their paper before the travel award is presented. Trainees will be notified of the award two months prior to the Annual Meeting. If you are not selected for the Chang, or Russell awards, you are still eligible for the NIH award.
INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL AWARDS
The International Liaison Committee (ILC) has established the International Travel Awards in order to assist trainees and young investigators from countries outside US to present their work at the ASA Annual Meetings.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE AWARDS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Applicants must be from countries outside US and Canada
- Applicants must have their abstract accepted for presentation at the ASA annual meeting.
- Applicants must be the first (presenting) author on the abstract.
If you need further information, please contact Patricia S. Cuasnicu, Ph.D (firstname.lastname@example.org), Chairman of the International Liaison Committee.
LALOR FOUNDATION INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL AWARD
ISA TRAVEL AWARD
This award is provided by the International Society of Andrology to promote the participation at the ASA Annual Meeting of young investigators living outside the USA, and whose work has been performed outside the USA.